Expert services and support for your development projects
- Automation of deployment, build, testing
- DevOps adoption and refinement
- Code Management tools and processes improvements
- Development Processes review and improvement
A key component of DevOps is developing automation wherever possible. DeRef has experience with many common automation tools, and a deep understanding of the concepts and principles of automation, allowing new tools to be quickly applied.
- Developing automation systems for deployment, build and test
- Consolidating deployment models to allow automation – production and test systems
- Training in using and developing with automation tools
- Testing and review of automation systems to assure resiliency
We are familiar with popular automation tools, please see resources for an overview of typical automation tools.
DeRef provides an experienced guiding hand for your DevOps adoption, ensuring you achieve your quality, cost and velocity goals faster.
DevOps adoption services include:
- Defining and running a DevOps adoption project
- Consulting and feedback on efforts for DevOps adoption
- Refinements to existing DevOps processes
- Documentation and training on DevOps
Code management is one of the foundations for reliable DevOps and automation processes, so it’s important to ensure that it is done properly.
DeRef has many years providing code management services, such as:
- Process definition and documentation
- Training for development team
- Tool selection and migration
- Tool installation and configuration
Typical code management technologies to consider are:
- Tools: Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Bazaar, Perforce
- Branching Models: Git-flow, “Development Branches”
DeRef has experience in defining and refining the development processes required by a mature DevOps process.
Development services include:
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to development processes
- Training development teams in process change
- Measuring and ensuring adoption of process changes